For whom was the Party of One founded? It didn’t take long for us to figure out that it’s just not for singles. In fact, attending today was one married couple (my husband and me), four other married women and two single adults. The fellowship we enjoyed wasn’t based on our marital status; it was based on the human need to belong.
Look at these quotes, some funny, some serious, to get an idea of the mix of personalities in the Party of One.
Single & Satisfied:
- Being single doesn’t necessarily mean you’re available. Sometimes you have to put up a sign that says, “Do Not Disturb” on your heart.
- I’m single by choice, and I will continue to be till I meet someone that deserves me. ~ Unknown
- If you aren’t happy being single you will never be happy in a relationship. Get your own life and love it first, then share it. ~ Unknown
Single & Looking:
- Being single doesn’t mean you don’t know anything about love, it just means you know enough to wait for it. ~ Unknown
- If you’re looking on your own for your knight in shining armor, you might find a loser in aluminum foil. ~ Unknown
- Are any of you dating a person who, evidently, is unaware of it? ~ Unknown
Separated or Divorced:
- If you’re single, focus on being a better you instead of looking for someone better than your ex. A better you will attract a better next. ~ Unknown
- I still miss my ex, but my aim is getting better. ~ Unknown
- I feel so miserable without you, it’s almost like having you here. ~ Stephen Bishop
- Married women are just as capable of misery as singles, and single women are just as capable of happiness as married women. Both are capable of feeling loneliness and boredom and the weight of dependence. ~ Unknown
- Marriage has no guarantees. If that’s what you’re looking for, go live with a car battery. ~ Erma Bombeck
- Loneliness is not the absence of affection, but the absence of direction. ~ Unknown
- If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments. ~ Steven Wright
- The best way to cheer yourself is to try to cheer someone else up. ~ Mark Twain
For whatever the reason (or marital status), the Party of One works.